Internet Links | Medical and Health
We have a variety of Internet Links divided by category.
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- The Center for Medicare Advocacy
- Children's Health Resource Guide
- Central Connecticut Health District
- Clinical Effectiveness Research - A section of PubMed Health that specializes in reviews of clinical effectiveness research. Includes summaries and full technical reports.
- Clinicaltrials.gov - Information about completed and ongoing clinical research trials throughout the world.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews - Intended to help people make informed decisions about health care.
- Connecticut Physicians Profiles
- DeafMD - Basic health information in American Sign Language as well as in traditional text.
- Drug Information
AARP Guide to Safe and Effective Prescription Drugs
Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs
- Emergency Medicine Textbook
- A Guide to Special Services in Connecticut - This is a 48 page book (in pdf format) that may be downloaded. The handbook guides parents step-by-step through the laws and procedures they must follow in Connecticut.
- Healthfinder - Department of Health
- Healthnet - Ask a medical question
- Healthnet - Connecticut Consumer Health Information Network
- Mayo Clinic Health Information
- Medical Information in Plain Language - UCONN Health Center
- Merck Manual - Home Edition
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine - PubMed - Medline
- Nursing Home Comparisons
- Science That Makes News - Examines where the stories come from and what kind of research did it involve.
- Swine Flu Info
- UCONN Health Center
- Veterans in Connecticut Medical Resources - This is a resource directory for Connecticut Veterans, Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserves. It is a pdf document.
- Veterans and Military Health
- UptoDate for Patients - UpToDate-more than 300 patient information articles